Sunday, October 28, 2012

13. Paint Something

I think I've lost my mojo...I haven't been wanting to blog. I know, I know, I was doing really great for awhile there, and then I dropped off the face of the earth. I HAVE been working on my list, quite a bit actually, but I just haven't been in the mood to blog about it, which is weird. I love blogging. I love blogging as much as I love getting real mail, which is really rare between the Toys R Us ads (not mine), anti-Obama flyers (not mine), Iowan Democrat flyers (mine...but that's not fun mail), and bills. Maybe me wanting to blog is actually tied to me getting good mail...quick everyone, send me a letter! Or a present!!! Presents are good too. Or money. I always like money. Or if you do happen to find my mojo, please mail it back to me. I suspect it's probably sparkly, pink, and sarcastic.

On another note, it's Halloween! I also love Halloween...so maybe that's why I'm in the mood to blog. I didn't go out for Halloween last year, so I was crazy excited to get to dress up this year. One of my best friends, Bryan, threw a Halloween party last night. Bryan and I decided on our costumes awhile ago...I'm not sure how exactly my costume idea came up, but it's one of the best costumes I've ever done. I decided to go as Miranda this year. For those of you not familiar with Miranda (which I'm guessing is most of you), click here. The girl who plays Miranda, Colleen Ballinger, is actually
a very talented singer, which makes it even funnier. Anyway, my costume was a huge hit!

The real Miranda!

And me! (With my friends Seth and Bryan)
 
So...paint. I'm sure when Ria put it on the list, she intended for me to paint a canvas or something. While I did consider that idea (briefly), I decided that any "artwork" I created would most likely end up in the garbage and I didn't want that. I also considered doing some elaborate fingernail painting and calling it a day, but I decided that idea was a little lame. So I decided I wanted to paint something for my house and that something was a bench.
 
My mom had this bench made for me after I moved in and it's been sitting in my parents' garage ever since. Mostly because I couldn't decide on a color for it. (I suck at making decisions...especially unimportant ones.) After a lot of thought, I finally decided I wanted a yellow bench since none of the rooms in my house have yellow in them. And if my house has red, green, blue, and purple in it, I obviously needed yellow too. This yellow.
 
Awesome, right? So my dad set up the bench in the house and I got to work priming it, with some help from my mom.
 
 

All primed!

Paintin' my bench!
 
So I seriously underestimated the amount of time it would take me to paint the bench, so I only got one coat done before I had to leave. My mom finished it for me...and here is is:
 
I am in love with it and can't wait to bring it home! It's going to go in my mudroom so I'll post pictures as soon as it's here.  Since I didn't get to paint the whole thing myself, I'd like to paint something else for my house. Suggestions are welcome!




 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment