Saturday, June 9, 2012

The One with the Updates

It's Britney, bitch. And I'm back, after my three week move-across-town hiatus. In honor of me turning 25 1/4 next week, I decided to check and see how terribly I was failing at my list. Shockingly, I'm on track! Me, the expert procrastinator! I have 4 things crossed off the list, and am making progress on 2. If I keep this up, I'm actually going to do everything on my list. Yay!  Even though I haven't crossed anything new off my list, I did have some exciting things I wanted to share.

1. Close on a house

There it is! That's my new house! Isn't it so cute? So, I've officially been living here for two weeks and after some initial nervousness about having this house all to myself (which made me believe I wanted to move back into my small apartment...forever), I'm finally getting used to it. At first, I felt like I was house-sitting with no hope of ever going home, but that feeling is starting to go away. I've been unpacking like a mad woman this weekend and putting things on the wall so it feels more like MY house. Or rather, my home. I haven't actually called it that yet, so I'm hoping I will soon. Too much commitment right now. :)  Stella and Charlee are adjusting too. After several days of sporadic eating and hiding under the bed, they've made themselves very much at home.




6. Getting down to a size 6

The bad thing about moving? I've been eating like crap. Total, utter crap. I've eaten pizza three times and been to Whitey's twice in the past week. Yikes. And yet, I'm somehow slimming down. I've noticed a small difference lately, mostly in the way my clothes fit, but I figured my recent eating habits probably ruined any progress I've made. So, here's what happened: my friend, Bryan, and I were having a dinner and a movie night and we finished dinner early. We decided to wander around Old Navy to kill time (always a bad, terrible choice) and I, of course, found a pair of shorts that I NEEDED. Except, I actually did need these shorts, because I haven't bought myself shorts in three years. Seriously. I haven't even worn shorts in two because I didn't feel like showing off my white, pasty, ghost legs to the world. But on Thursday, it seemed like a good idea. So I picked out a pair of shorts in a size 8 and started to head to the dressing room when I turned back and snatched up a size 6. Why the hell shouldn't I try a size 6? I closed the dressing room door, took a deep breath and stepped into the shorts. They made it past my knees (always a good sign), over my butt, and...they were on! I got them on! After doing a small victory dance, I buttoned and zipped them...and I could still breathe! Woot! Of course, I couldn't actually walk or sit in them, but hey, I'm all for small victories.


8. Let my job just be "my job"

Let's be honest here...I'm sucking at this one. To be fair, it's been a pretty busy couple of weeks. My preschoolers graduated at the end of May and we had our dance production last weekend, meaning I was eating, sleeping, and dreaming my show. It turned out to be my best one yet, so I guess me being proud outweighs anything else. Our summer schedule starts on Monday, so I'll be teaching summer camps and working on the exhibit floor for the next 8 weeks. I'm hoping once I fall into my rhythm, work will stay at work, and I'll stop checking my work email at home. :)


7. Write a blog

Well, I think this one is turning out pretty well. I've been blogging for less than 3 months with over 500 views, so I'd say that's a pretty effing huge accomplishment. I'm honestly overwhelmed by how many people have told me they love reading this! So, thank you to each and every one of you. I love comments and feedback so keep them coming, and I'll try to keep things interesting.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go on the size 6!! But I love you at any size. : )

    ReplyDelete