Ria and I try to Skype every Sunday. Usually we're in our PJs since it's usually morning for me and night for her. I sit at my kitchen table; she sits at her desk. But today, I shook it up a bit. Ria and I have a spot in the Quad Cities that we call "our spot." It's a hill that overlooks the river and you can pretty much see four of the five QC's. (If you're not from here...don't ask. ) It's also in the middle of this neighborhood of super old, super awesome mansions. Ria and I used to go ALL the time. We'd pick up Starbucks and sit on the benches and just talk about everything, including which mansion we wanted to live in and whether or not we'd die if we tried rolling down the hill. Before she left, we even had a picnic there. And here it is...our spot.
Turns out, our spot is also a make-out spot, but that's a different story entirely. Anyway, I dragged my unshowered, sleepy self out of bed earlier than normal, picked up a vanilla chai tea latte from Starbucks, and went to the spot.
Thanks to my fabulous Samsung Galaxy S2 (not paid to promote...), I was able to solve the problem of not having a wi-fi source and we Skyped on my phone. We had our normal girly chat, but instead of staring at each other like usual, I held my phone next to me so we could both look out at the river. Just like if she was actually in town. You know, I think it's little things like sitting on a bench together that make me miss her the most. But today, it was like she was sitting right there with me.
nice toms. and product name drop...
ReplyDeleteLove it! You guys are like the cutest friends ever! :)
ReplyDelete