1. I'm exhausted. Yes, I know, so is everyone else, but this is my blog and we don't talk about other people here. Only me. (See? Crabby.)
2. I've been feeling terribly uncreative at work, which is a problem since my productivity is usually based on how creative I happen to be on a given day. I don't think I've given a shred of helpful advice to anyone all week...including myself. I did somehow manage to choreograph an awesome hip hop routine yesterday...I was shocked. I have no idea where it came from.
3. My routine is just off right now. I have friends in town, it's a weird week at work schedule-wise, I haven't talked to/seen of some of my closest friends in awhile, and...I haven't cooked myself dinner at all this week because Emily has done it for me. I kinda want to keep her...although, if I don't cook something soon, I think I may explode.
4. I haven't been home in 2 months. Trust me, I'd love to go spend some time at home, but at the end of the week, when I'm already tired, the drive to my parents' house just makes me want to cry. Plus, I have to attend to all the things I didn't do during the week...like finding my sanity.
5. Reruns of "Grey's" have not been on Lifetime in over two weeks.
I think it finally hit me today that I'm just done being crabby...but apparently, the rest of me did not get the memo. I've been trying desperately to put myself in a better mood, but I'm running out of things to try. So far tonight, I've had a wonderful dinner of awesome comfort food with Emily, watched two episodes of "Modern Family", went for a mile walk, snuggled both Stella and Charlee, and decided to blog. I'm also planning to take a bubble bath after this...and I'm STILL crabby. What the hell? Suggestions? Anyone? (Any smart comments will result in my foot up your ass...)
Now that you're picturing my foot lodged places, let's talk cupcakes. My boss and good friend, Jessica, invited me over for dinner with her family this weekend, so I decided to bring peanut butter-filled chocolate cupcakes with cocoa buttercream frosting for dessert. This was my third time making this cupcake recipe, but my first time making the frosting. Actually, it's only the second time I've ever made frosting from scratch, and the first time resulted in buttercream soup. Per requests, I took some step by step pictures to document the process, which went considerably better than my vanilla grease-cakes.
Step 1: make the yummy peanut butter-filling balls.
Step 2: let Charlee supervise from a distance.
Step 3: mix together all the wonderful ingredients I can't share with you because, let's face it, I'm counting on you all to buy my cupcakes someday and how can you do that if you're just making your own?
Step 4: sample the cupcake batter...just to make sure it's edible, of course.
Step 5: fill the bottom of the muffin paper with batter, add a PB ball, and cover...
Like so. Also, eat all of the batter off the plate and egg beaters in the background.
What step are we on? I don't even know...bake the cupcakes in the oven until tops spring back and fork comes out clean. This is where I had problems the first two times. The oven at my apartment was crazy-weird and was on average about 50 degrees hotter than whatever I set it at, resulting in dry cupcakes.
Frosting time! While the cupcakes cool, mix together the frosting. This was the frosting recipe that went with the disaster cupcakes from last week. Since I didn't get a chance to try it out then, I decided to give it a whirl. Holy shit. I would bathe in this frosting.
Ta-da! Finished cupcakes! As the only person who had sampled all three batches of these, I thought this batch was fantastic. I hate the word "moist", but I guess that's the best word to describe these besides "super effing delicious." I heard good things from everyone who sampled them, so yay for me! I loved the cake/frosting combo and am excited to make these again soon. My next cupcake venture is going to be far more complicated...stay tuned folks.
No comments:
Post a Comment