*I had an actual birthday party with my friends, which, ironically, was the exact same group of people that I had invited to the balloon fun-tivities. (Minus Emily, who was back home.) We went to Old Chicago for dinner, I had the most delicious food ever, and just enjoyed the company of my awesome, kick-ass friends.
Oh, you know, just one of my birthday gifts...
I'm a little concerned...
*I celebrated my birthday at home with my family. Also, Easter. But I didn't take any pictures, because I was too busy killing it at Euchre! (And by that, I mean I lost badly...oh so badly.)
*Mal and I took a trip with her friend, Louie, into Chicago to see "Big Fish: The Musical." Big Fish is one of my favorite movies, so I had to see it onstage. It. Was. Awesome. I've been to a lot of musicals, but this one had some of the best visual effects I've seen and the staging was just...wow. Plus, Norbert Leo Butz played Edward Bloom, and that just made my life. Ok, done geeking out now. But seriously, if you get a chance to see it before it leaves for Broadway in NY, do it. It was incredible.
We also saw Jurassic Park in 3D. Not my choice. Remember, I'm the girl who's afraid of animatronic dinos. And that plus 3D glasses just sounded like an anxiety attack waiting to happen. But, I put my big girl panties on and went, and it was actually really great. I forgot how much I like that movie.
On our way home, we stopped at IKEA for my first ever IKEA experience. I literally could have spent a month in there. But, I behaved myself and only came out with seven things. Promise.
*I wrote a love letter to our local weatherman. Ok, maybe not quite a love letter...let me explain. So, we have this really good looking weather guy who is just a little older than me, and I've had a crush on him for, oh, probably three years. Anyway, about two weeks ago, he posted on Facebook about his wallet getting stolen and how he didn't care about the money, but really wanted his wallet back because it has sentimental value for him. So, upon suggestion from my very smart friend, Bryan, I went to Target, bought a Batman wallet, and mailed it to him, with a letter saying that I knew it wasn't the same as his old wallet, but that it had hopefully brought a smile to his face. Boom. I expect a marriage proposal any day now.
*And, the last thing I've done in this crazy month was help my sister, Kaylee, celebrate her 21st birthday! Woohoo! Mal and I took her out for martinis and it was a blast.
Me and Kaylee
Mal and Kaylee
The most delicious martinis ever!
Which takes us to today, April 17th, 2013, exactly one year and a day since I wrote my first post. I still remember sitting down to write it and not knowing what to say. It's funny how stressed out I was over something I never thought anyone would read. But, here I am, writing my 47th post on a blog that has been viewed over 3100 times. I'm overwhelmed. I'm grateful. I'm in awe that so many people took time out of their day to read about me and my shenanigans. So, for the last time, thank you, thank you, thank you. This blog wouldn't be what it is without you, and neither would I.
I've had a lot of questions about what comes next. Well, fear not, I WILL be starting a new blog shortly. I hope you will all continue reading about me, because I'm sure round two is going to be quite an experience. I have not yet received the list from Ria, but as soon as I do, I'll get started. Oh, and I promise not to keep you all in suspense like last time; the list in its entirety will be posted right away. Speaking of lists, I wanted to take one more, last look at the old one, so here it is. 25 things. 25 things that I did. Thank you.
25 Things to Do Before I Turn 26
1. Close on a house
2. You didn't actually think I'd share it, did you?
3. Skype with my best friend from our special spot
4. Learn something new
5. Make so many cupcakes and find my "specialty"
6. Get down to a size 6
7. Write a blog
8. Have my job NOT be the center of my life
9. Get my yard looking presentable
10. Read a book that changes my life
11. Figure out something new about myself and share it with someone
12. Buy someone random an anonymous coffee
13. Paint something
14. Let go of something
15. Visit the farmer's market and buy flowers
16. Wear something of my mom's or something she made
17. Be completely silent for a while hour
18. Buy balloons and blow them up in my yard for no reason
19. Go to church consistently
20. Learn a few basic phrases in another language
21. Make pizza from scratch
22. Discover a new band
23. Write three letters that I have to mail
24. One time when I feel like crying, don't; dance instead. Crazy dance.
25. Meet the man of my dreams
Ria and me at her wedding (January 2012)
Me today (April 2013)
















Congratulations!! Seems like it has been quite a journey for you! Not everyone has the courage to do what you have done! (Good luck with the impending proposal) ;)
ReplyDeleteKiran
WORST FRIEND EVER! I'm just now getting around to reading this! I'm so proud of my incredible friend! What a year :)
ReplyDelete