I remember when I first received the list and saw this was on here. Initially, I thought about learning some phrases in Italian or Swahili or something, but I'm not visiting Italy or Africa anytime in the near future, so I decided against that. Then, I thought about learning some Swedish, since there is a little boy in my preschool class from Sweden, but I didn't want to get schooled by a 3 year old, so that was out. I finally decided on sign language because a) I already knew some b) I've been wanting to learn more and c) it seemed like the language I would potentially get the most use out of.
Back when I choreographed "Godspell," I was trying to come up with a unique idea for "Day by Day," because, well, it's kind of a boring song and I didn't want everyone falling asleep. My friend, Catie, was also working on the show and suggested that we learn some signs to go along with the song. For the next several hours, we searched the Internet until we had found all the lyrics. The kids love it and it turned out to be one of the best numbers in the entire show. Two years ago, Catie called me from a production of "Godspell." Their cast was signing too. Our idea lived on! Anyway, that was the last time I had learned any new signs. But, with the help of the Internet, I was able to learn some phrases I thought would help me in school or in every day life. I double checked most of these against at least one other site, so I think everything I learned was legit...at least, I hope so. Here is what I learned how to say:
"My name is Steph."
"How are you? I'm ok/good/fine."
"How can I help you?"
"Yes/no."
"Please sit."
"I'm sorry."
I also learned one especially for you all..."thank you for reading my blog." :)
Also...I apologize in advance for looking disheveled and the angry look on my face. It's Sunday, snowing, and I was concentrating REALLY hard!
And that's it! My list is done. Done. DONE. I think I'm actually in a bit of shock at the moment, so I'm going to process what this means and then write a recap of my entire list. Watch for that this week! Also, I've gotten a lot of feedback lately that you all have enjoyed the list, so I wanted to let you know that Ria is working on another one for me! Which means...a new blog! I will post the link to the new one once it is up and running, and I hope you will all continue to follow me and my crazy adventures. xoxo
yayy!!! congrats!!!
ReplyDelete