Saturday, March 16, 2013

4. Learn something new

Today is a big day. Firstly, it's the first Saturday I've had in three weeks where I'm not doing something work related! Woot woot! Second, it's the one year anniversary of me making an offer on my house. I can't believe that happened a whole year ago! Third, I'm crossing something big off my list this afternoon as part of a mini early-birthday celebration. But more on that in my next post. :)

I'm going to keep this short because a) there's only so much you can say about what I learned to do without boring everyone to tears, b) I really need to clean my house and c) I'm still not entirely sure I'm awake. So here it goes. I decided I wanted to learn how to french braid my own hair. Now, I'd never actually french-braided anyone's hair before, but I knew the general idea. So, I've been practicing for about two months now and I'm starting to get better! I had a little bit of a setback a few weeks ago when I got my hair layered, but no worries. I've recovered. It is still taking me about five or more minutes to do, but I'm hoping with more practice to cut that number down. But hey! I have another way I can wear my hair now. Yay!

This was my very first attempt. Not too bad, eh?

This was my latest, with all the new layers. Still not too shabby.
 
Well, there you go. That's really all I can say about french braids. Stay tuned...I've got three days left and four more things to go.

1 comment: